Maryland politicians are hearing you and taking up the fight against revenue generating speed and red light cameras.
Delegate Warren Miller has informed us that twenty-two delegates have agreed to cosponsor legislation making the use of speed and red light cameras illegal in Maryland.
And this support came in just the first few hours of opening up the bill for cosponsorship on the House floor!
There can be no doubt that momentum is building as we look forward to our first committee hearing in Annapolis.
But our work is not done.
There are still many more legislators that need to hear from you.
You see, politics is a numbers game and the more legislators that have committed to supporting this legislation by becoming a cosponsor. . .
. . . the better our chances are at ridding Maryland roads and highways of these “for profit” automated ticketing devices.
As you know, restoring liberty in Maryland is always an uphill battle.
That’s why it’s so important we have every possible legislator show support for camera repeal by becoming a cosigner on this legislation.
If the delegates that represent your district have not already shown their support for repealing Maryland camera laws, please contact them immediately and demand they do so.
Tell them you oppose speed and red light cameras because:
- You are guilty until proven innocent when identified by malfunctioning equipment.
- One out of four tickets are issued to the wrong person.
- Even if you are innocent you lose due to lost wages while fighting an erroneous ticket.
- Multiple studies show an increase of accidents due to the use of speed and red light cameras.
- Motorists are at a disadvantage to defend themselves due to the weeks or months that lapse before the driver is served a citation.
- Yellow lights have been found to be shortened in order to increase revenue collected by red light cameras.
- Denial of due process as you can’t face your accuser.
- Camera companies make huge profits from each citation, so they strive to issue as many as possible.
- Politicians love schemes to increase revenue without directly raising taxes. Instead of decreasing spending, they install more cameras.
Not sure who represents you and your district?
The easiest way to find and contact your delegates and senators is to click here and enter your home address at the top of the screen.
Senators and delegates in your district will be displayed on the left side of your screen.
Click on their names and you will see their phone numbers and email addresses, which can be used to contact them directly.
It’s simple and it only takes a few moments of your time.
The fact that twenty-two delegates cosponsored this legislation immediately is a testament to the power you and I have when we choose to take action.
Let’s double down and demand all of the politicians in Maryland do their job and protect the citizens they were elected to represent.
Please share this information with friends and family to help us mobilize as many citizens as possible into action.
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to play an important role in restoring liberty in Maryland.